DIY Liquid Hand Soap
**This post may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on the link and make a purchase I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you**
I’m so excited for this one, and I’m excited because ever since I started using YoungLiving Essential Oils I have had so many ideas on things that I could be making on my own like liquid hand soap, bath bombs specifically for for Little and Sweets, body scrub, hand lotion just to name a few. But today we will be focusing on DIY liquid hand soap.
There are so many different things that you could be making yourself right in your own home. Although I know sometimes convenience out weighs everything, I TOTALLY get it! But there is something about making something yourself and feeling so good about doing it and not to mention the fact that the ingredients are probably better for you.
I decided to start off small and make liquid hand soap. It is pretty simple to do and takes less then 5 minutes to make.
You can find all your supplies on amazon and for the essential oils you can check out YoungLiving Essential Oils. Their products are the best!
I originally found this recipe on the Where Sisters Gather Blog. However I have changed it up just a little bit and added my own essential oils. The scent possibilities are endless. You can use whatever it is you like.
Here is what you will need
- An empty soap bottle with a pump.
- A funnel.
- Measuring cups and spoons.
- 3/4 cup of Dr. Bronner’s Pure-Castile Soap, Baby Unscented.
- 3/4 cup of Distilled water or cooled down boiled water.
- 1 tablespoon of Sweet Almond Oil (But you can use any carrier oil you like, maybe coconut oil or jojoba oil)
- 1 tablespoon of Vegetable Glycerin.
- 10 drops of essential oils. I used Thieves and Peppermint.
How to make your DIY Liquid Hand Soap
- If you don’t have distilled water like me you can go ahead and first boil your water and then let it cool.
- Next take your empty soap bottle and place a funnel in it. Then add in your water and castile soap.
- Next add in your almond oil or oil of choice and your vegetable glycerin.
- lastly you will add in your essential oils. I did 5 drops of Thieves and 5 drops of Peppermint.
- Place your pump back onto the bottle and shake it up to mix everything together.
There you have it, easy simple DIY liquid hand soap. It is so easy to make and takes no time at all. I was so surprised to find out that it left my hands feeling so soft and moisturized. They didn’t feel tight and dry like they usually do after washing my hands, I wasn’t running for the hand cream which I loved. And the smell, oh it smells so good!
Just a note don’t be alarmed when you pump it out and it just looks like you have pumped out water. Trust me there is more then enough soap on there and it will lather up. This happened to Sweets, it was actually quite funny. He kept trying to pump it saying he couldn’t get anything out. Meanwhile he was pumping out so much soap. A little bit of this stuff goes a very long way!
If you are interested more in what YoungLiving Essential Oils has to offer check it out for yourself here or read all about why I love them so much here. They have amazing oils plus clean household, baby, home and body products.
If you enjoyed this post please give it a share.
Check out my last post here.
Check out YoungLiving Essential Oils here.